Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Toddler Bed

I put up Maycee's toddler bed last week.  Stephen and I decided that we wanted her to get used to having her own bed before baby brother got here so she didn't feel like she was getting kicked out.

We first started putting her down just for naps on the toddler bed.

Almost the instant that I laid her down she would get out of the bed.  I think she liked her new found freedom.  The first day she got out of the bed 4 times before I shut the door to the bedroom.  She can't open doors yet.  I think she knew that I didn't want her to leave the room because rather than yelling for being in a room by herself, she knocked on the door for a while.  She eventually laid on the bed and went to sleep.

On Day 2 of toddler bed nap time, the exact same thing happened.

On Day 3 she got out of bed once and when I put her back, she shut the door herself.  The knocking still ensued.  Halfway through nap time I opened the door and found this: (Yes, she is still in her pajamas during nap time.)


She loves her teddy bear!

Last night was Maycee's first time sleeping in her bed at night.  She never once came out of her room, but she howled off an on for a good hour before she finally fell asleep.  She woke up wailing at midnight.  Stephen went in to check in on her and she was on the floor with all of the blankets on top of her.  He put her back in bed and she slept through the rest of the night.

I have decided that it is probably easier to start the toddler bed earlier because right now she can't open doors and is still "trapped" until naptime is finished.

Hopefully I remember this for the future.

No comments: