Monday, February 27, 2012

Nesting

I have been having contractions for a week now.

There are just little baby ones.

My midwife said that I could still possibly go until 40 weeks, but we'll see.

This is going to sound weird considering my current situation, but for most of this pregnancy I have been terrified of having two children.  Seriously.  How am I supposed to be perky and chipper enough to take care of my energetic toddler by day and still be a night walking baby feeder by night?  Is my little girl going to hate her baby brother because he is stealing the attention of her mom and dad?  How am I going to be able to take care of Maycee, the nursery hater, and little baby at church by myself when Stephen has to be teaching a bunch of 12 & 13 year old boys?  The list of questions goes for quite a while, but I will spare you.

This past week I have had a different feeling about this situation.  I know that Heavenly Father is going to help me.  I really feel at peace.  I am ready.  I am okay with being pregnant for 3 more weeks, but if it happens now I will make it.  The past 37 weeks have prepared me.

Also as a perk, I have been cleaning like crazy.  Except the bathrooms.  Stephen loves me and helped that situation.  Minus the bathtub in the master bath.  I hate cleaning that thing.

I now feel better that I have everything ready for our little baby boy.  The second one definitely makes me feel more confident in my abilities.  I've done this.  Atleast this time I know that I have to have a blanket to bring the baby home in.

Good thing Maycee was born in August.

No comments: