Sunday, August 26, 2012

Reminisce

On Friday night we went to a ward potluck.

The kind where you get to bring food that other people eat.

I didn't have anything that I could make a really neat salad with, so I made jello.  Not just any kind of jello.  It was orange.  With mandarin oranges in it.  I'm so cool.

As we drove to our party I remembered something from my childhood.  I laughed out loud at the memory and told Stephen.  He, too, thought my memory was funny.

Mom?

Remember when we would go to ward functions that required a dish?  Or perhaps any person's house that we brought a salad or dessert?

Every time.  And I am not exaggerating.  E-v-e-r-y T-i-m-e we took something that my mom had made, a child's foot would end up in Mom's creation.  Just don't tell anyone that ate any of Mom's food back then.

The 30 minute car trip in to "town" made all of us kids stark raving mad.  Apparently mad enough to put a foot in Mom's food.

Poor Mom.

I'm sure it was weird trying to either cover it up or explain that her children were all ADD.

1 comment:

~Kelsey and Nathan Taysom said...

You know I really don't remember the foot in the food thing???