Wednesday, June 3, 2009

HOA

This was an acronym that I had never heard before I moved to Boise. Now I am about to become an expert. The current Home Owners Association in our subdivision is kind of non-existent. We are currently in the process of establishing our HOA to hopefully get things the way that we want it.

Last night we had our first HOA meeting with the builder who bought the subdivision and first started to build. He is currently the "president" of our HOA because it is just getting started. At our meeting we met a lot of really cool people that live in our subdivision. You could tell from the complaints that we were all on the same page. We'll get this thing whipped into shape soon...

Stephen and I arrived at the meeting right on time. About 20 minutes into the meeting I realized that I had at least came prepared for Stephen...he was bored. Handing over my pen and paper, he began to draw. I whispered to him, "You have the attention span of a five year old." Stephen began to eat the animal crackers that I had brought for a snack.

The only thing Stephen listened to was an older gentleman in the back. The man raised his hand and after being called on asked if anyone had met the owner of the landscaping business that took care of out lots. He then proceeded to explain the personality of this man, "HE IS A BOOB!!" Stephen began to giggle. I'm serious. He was giggling. For the rest of the night Stephen ran around the house saying, "HE'S A BOOB!!" and would then giggle...I have now become the mother of a five year old.

2 comments:

Nicole Ray said...

that sounds like my brother!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Holy cow! I'm kinda with him...that would've made choke on my animal crackers I'm sure. Sounds like you've found yourself the perfect husband to keep YOU giggling the rest of eternity!!!