Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to ME!

For my birthday, Stephen got me a mountain bike. It has been so much fun to just ride where ever I want. On the day of my birthday we went mountain biking with Krystal and Shane. To help you get a better picture of this, imagine the most athletic, in-shape, outdoorsy couple you can and that is my sister and brother-in-law. I hadn't been biking in about three years and my first ride was with them.

Shane led us up a mountain behind their house (I know...we're in Boise and there are NO mountains, but pushing myself up that thing sure felt like it). I think I rode my bike about sixty percent of the time. Fifty percent was the downhill portion. You do the math on how much I was on the bike going up. It was rough.


All in all, it was a lot of fun, but I am WAY out of shape in the biking area. Stephen and I have been running three times a week to prepare for our 5K, but that didn't seem too help. Biking uses all different kinds of muscles.

No comments: