Sunday, June 21, 2009

Turkey Burgers for 5K

So....as a few of you may know, Stephen and I are running a 5K in September. I know, I know, it's only 3.1 miles, BUT you don't know how out of shape Stephen and I are. We have officially started training. Last week was our first week of dedication. We ran on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday. My legs are SO sore, but I feel great! I love that "I'm so sore and tired that I want to scream" feeling. Don't you?

To help in our workout, we've tried to eat a little bit healthier. In Winco I found these frozen turkey burgers on sale. I know what you are thinking, disgusting, right? We fired up the grill last night to try them out. After opening them and sticking them on the grill, we had some serious doubts. They looked like squished up pieces of bologna. Yeah, not very appetizing.

Five minutes later they came off the grill and were doused with mayo, mustard, ketchup, tomatoes, lettuce, and a bun. We were hoping that if they were disgusting, we could at least cover up the taste. Stephen took the first bite. Chewed for a minute...and said, "Wow! They're not too bad! I actually think I like them." I tentatively took a bite. They were good! They were a little different from hamburgers, but they had a really good taste! POWER TO THE TURKEY BURGERS!!!

No comments: