Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Raspberry Syrup

My parents have a raspberry patch that rivals a large city. Weird, I know, and yet I constantly seem to benefit the tiny civilians that live in that large raspberry city. I am always up to my ears in raspberries. You will hear no complaints from me. I LOVE raspberries!!

This year for Christmas, Stephen and I tried something new. We made raspberry syrup. Our hopes were high and our excitement level bursting. Honestly, raspberry syrup is that good.

Our excitement diminished with a little problem. In hopes of making TONS of syrup we bought TONS of syrup bottles...complements of Container and Packaging Supply. Bottles rock!

Our two and a half gallons of raspberries turned into eight and a half cups of syrup. So much for making tons of friends by giving away the deliciousness that is raspberry syrup...only a few people benefited.

I guess there is always next year.

There was, however, about a quarter cup of pure raspberry juice that we decided to inflict on the next person to grace us with their presence...but first we had to try it ourselves.


Wow...that stuff was tart!

Shane was the first to fall upon our house. Under the pretense of free food, Shane came a galloping over. To finish off his meal he was offered a glass of juice. He just didn't realize what he was getting into.

Shane was too kind. He drank that stuff with not so much as a peep. We finally spoke up as to the liquid that he was ingesting.

"I was wondering why that stuff tasted so weird!"

He'll probably be leery as to the things he eats at our house now.

No comments: