Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Fourth of July

Mom and Dad and Karli came up to visit on the Fourth. We had a ton of fun. Even Dad.


We started our Vacation Day at Eagle Island. I had never been there before and it was a really nice little spot! When we first showed up there were A LOT of people. We found a quiet little corner where there weren't many people and set up "camp".


The first thing to go in the water was the kayaks. Stephen really wanted to swamp his while still remaining afloat and paddling.


It didn't work out so well.



Here is Krystal watching Dexter try to drown himself. He was doing a pretty good job.


The next thing to enter the water was Maycee's new floatie. She loved it! She kicked around in it and actually got herself out in the water pretty far. Good thing Karli is a good babysitter...




Stephen wanted Maycee to try out the kayaks. We bundled her all up for her big ride. She looked like a stuffed pig. This is the same expression that she had the entire time on the kayak as well.






...And she fell asleep.


I am one of those evil people that doesn't buy water diapers. THOSE THINGS ARE EXPENSIVE! Maycee's diaper was huge. Let's just say that those diapers are super absorbent. They didn't even leak. Woot! Woot!



Blogger really frustrates me sometimes. I tried everything that I could think of to get these pictures in the proper position. Blogger wouldn't have it. I even tried to work in the html and messed a lot of things up. Hey, I tried.


Anyway, here is Maycee trying to feed Dexter watermelon. She wasn't a big fan, so I guess she figured she would give it to the dog. I just had visions of that Beethoven movie with the little girl sharing her ice cream cone. Gross.




That night we went to see fireworks. Even Dad came! Not very willingly. But he came.


The sweetest thing happened while we went to watch fireworks. We weren't sure how Maycee was going to handle it. It was way past her bedtime and there were going to be lots of loud noises. BUT...she loved them!


Maycee sat in my lap very calmly while watching the fireworks. Honestly, that is a big feat. This girl never holds still. I am not exaggerating.


When a really big firework would go off, Maycee would kick her legs in excitement. She would then throw her head back and look at me with a big grin on her face. She was sharing her excitement with me!


I love this little girl!


Thanks Mom and Dad and Karli for coming to Boise and enjoying the day with us!

No comments: