Friday, July 1, 2011

He is the man.

My hubby created the most beautiful thing.

A retaining wall.

He even built it just like youtube said.

And Home Depot.

It is level and won't collapse.

To say that I love it would be an understatement.

I forgot to take a before picture, so I looked through tons of past pictures to see if I had a before shot. The only one that I came up with was the picture that I took of our house the morning after a few of Stephen's co-workers TPed us.

You have to zoom in to get the "pre-retaining wall awesomeness" effect.

I was ready for a change in our landscaping. AND I was sick of the grass always creeping into our flower beds. So...Stephen ripped it all out for me and let me start over.

Our lovely neighbors are now enjoying our old plants.

Here is Stephen after he had put up two layers of our wall.



Here are my seriously awesome plants and tree that I picked out to go in our flower bed! This is pre-planting...Just in case you were confused.


Starting layer number three...

This is what really made this mission possible for us. The Hoopes' pickup! You guys rock! Thank you a million times over for letting us borrow your pickup...for two weeks. I cannot even tell you how much stuff we put in this pickup. It hauled, literally, a ton for us.


At 10:45pm on June 30, 2011, we finished this beautiful, amazing, perfect, awesome, lovely, (I seriously could go on forever) perfect retaining wall.


Here is the completed package. The pictures didn't turn out very well, so I guess all of you who see the pictures will just have to come view the perfection with your own eyes.


STEPHEN, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for your hard work and willingness to let me create using your hard labor. I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This may sound weird, but I love bricks, and anything like unto them. They just look so neat and uniform, and I love the way the lines don't match up. Your retaining wall is perfect! And I envy your endurance when it comes to gardening...I lose my patience way too fast and stop caring after pulling the second weed. Way to go!!