Sunday, September 25, 2011

Conference

The Relief Society General Broadcast was last night.

It is really hard for me to put down the feelings that I had as I sat and listened to these amazing women that were chosen by God to give us direction.  I have learned A LOT about Relief Society in the last three years.  I have learned by the example of women who live the motto of Relief Society, "Charity Never Faileth".  I love being a part of something that gives me the opportunity to honestly care about people.

A member of the First Presidency spoke last night as well.  President Dieter Uchtdorf spoke and gave amazing counsel.  I remember when he spoke three years ago and I felt uplifted by his message.  Last night was no different.

I just want to put down a few of the things that he said.  He spoke of a flower that had special meaning to him. This particular flower was small and sometimes overlooked because of the other large, beautiful, and exotic flowers that normally towered over them.  This flower was a very small blue flower called a 'Forget Me Not'.

President Uchtdorf than gave us five 'forget me nots' that we needed to remember as we go through life.

1. Forget not to be patient with yourself.
2. Forget not the difference between good sacrifices and bad sacrifices.
3. Forget not to be happy now.
4. Forget not the why of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
5. Forget not the Lord loves you.

President Uchtdorf went into detail about these five things.  If you want to read more, his talk will be posted on lds.org in a couple of weeks.

I am so grateful that we have a prophet of God that will speak to us next weekend.

1 comment:

~Kelsey and Nathan Taysom said...

Man now I feel bad that I slept through the first 3! I was REALLY tired! lol