Monday, December 17, 2012

Week 3

We are now beginning week 3 of the first big mommy event that I have been dreading since the day Maycee was born.

Potty Training.

It is not fun.

For any of us.

Week 1 began on December 3.  I had to psych myself out for it.  I had previously tried to start potty training a month before that and I totally was not ready.  I was a little stressed out over numerous things and so after three hours of underwear and 4 accidents, the diapers came back out.  When I started this time, I was in it for the long haul.

The long haul has been a lot longer than I anticipated.

On Day 1, Krystal volunteered to watch Cooper all day, so I could focus on Maycee.  That gave me confidence.  It didn't click for Maycee, however.

On Day 2, I called my mom and freaked out, like any normal person would do.  At least any normal Kami person.  Let me give to you the pep talk that my mom gave me:

"You need to chill out.  Relax.  Maycee is not going to get this toilet thing on day 3.  She's not even going to get it on day 5, or day 8!  But.  One day, she going to get it.  And it's going to click!"

I hope that you are thinking the exact same thing that I was thinking....that was a crappy pep talk.

I love you mom.

Well, here we are on day 15.  Maycee still doesn't get it.  That's a lie.  She now has me trained.  We rarely have accidents, but that is because of our numerous potty practices.  Now I have to get her to understand that it is her job to recognize that she can tell when she has to go pee or poop.  My goal was Christmas.

Is Christmas.

Hopefully it's logical.

No comments: