Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Big 9-0.

Grandma Call is turning 90.

Yep 90.

She really is going to out live us all.

Her birthday is on January 12th, 1743...or something close to that year.  Love you Grandma!

On Saturday, her kids threw her a big surprise birthday party.

I only got one picture.  Well, I had two pictures, but Maycee deleted the one of Kory and Charisse and Boston.  No more camera privileges for Maycee.



Anyway...it was really neat to get some of her family together and celebrate her 90 years.  It was so crazy to me that all of those people there were all because of Grandma Call's life. We were even missing a big chunk of people.  At least half.

Well...Happy Birthday Grandma!

Here's to the next 90 years!

Oh...and PS.  I have to write this story down because my mom has decided that she is way to cool for blogging....

Grandma Call loves to bet.  Normally she's not a really big spender, but I know that Karli has won a few bucks off of her.

Grandma is always dying.  At least that is what she has told everyone for the last 15 to 20 years.  My mother tells her every time that she says that, that she will live longer than anyone else.  A few years ago Mom told her that she was going to live to be 90.  Grandma denied that statement profusely and mom said, "Wanna bet?"

Grandma replied, "I'll bet you a hundred dollars!"

It was set up that if Grandma lived to be 90 she would fork over 100 dollars to my mom and if she died before 90 my mom would put the 100 dollars in her casket.

On Christmas morning Grandma Call strutted in to Mom and Dad's bedroom to tell her of her new gift.

"Melanie!  Come see my new red car!"

Mom, perplexed, looked at my dad for clarification.  Getting none, she followed Grandma out to the living room to see her new car.  My mom looked everywhere, thinking it was a matchbox car.  Finally Grandma pointed to my mom's decorative pine trees.  They were covered with 100 crisp one dollar bills.  On the top was a note from Grandma Call, "Happy 90th!"

Grandma was so proud of herself.

No comments: