Friday, December 12, 2008

Go Long!

Last night Stephen and I went to Fred Meyer to purchase some Lego's. Long story, anyway Morgan, Stephen's friend, came with us. Let me just tell you...Lego's are expensive!

While we were looking for the perfect Lego's, Stephen and Morgan found random things in the kids isle to play with. The gold, however, was the football.

I really stink at sports. I've made a fool of myself, time and time again, just to prove to others that not all farm girls are athletic. Now don't get me wrong, I love to play sports, but I am horrible. No one ever wants me on their team.

As Stephen pulled the Nerf football from the bin he started to scoot back. "Kami...catch!"

I backed up, hoping that Morgan would catch the ball. No such luck.

Have you ever watched kids play ball? I mean, little kids. You know when they hold their hands out and they blink really fast, just in case they need to close them quickly. If the ball hits them in the head. That is what I looked like. And, of course, I missed the ball.

As the ball soared passed me I at least had my hands out with the idea of catching it. As I missed the ball, I heard someone chuckle to the left of me. I turned to see a man in his mid-thirties, trying to hide the fact that he was laughing at me. Just as I saw the man, Morgan was right behind me and said, "Hike!" As he 'hiked' the ball to me I again missed. The man to my left was going to lose all composure, so he quickly walked out of the isle. Stephen and Morgan didn't even see him as he snuck away.

Good thing I already have high self esteem and don't need others to boost me. Honestly though, it was pretty funny.

No comments: