Tuesday, December 23, 2008

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

My kids in primary love to try and scare me. They have never succeeded, but they keep trying. Almost all of them get to the classroom before me. They turn off the lights and find a place to hide in the classroom. Some hide behind the door, some hide under the table, some behind the chairs. They now, however, have found a new hiding place...the garbage can. I don't know what it is with boys and garbage cans, but they really seem to have a fascination with it.

When I walked in the classroom on Sunday, they again tried to scare me. I tried a new tactic to try and get them to calm down. I started to sing church Christmas songs to them while setting the classroom up. It worked for all of them except for my two trouble makers, Billy and Sam.

All of the class with the exception of the two boys sat in their chairs and began to sing with me. My two boys decided to be kind to one another and at least share the garbage can. Let me help you picture these two. Billy and Sam had their heads underneath the garbage can with their heads facing one another. I tried and I tried to get that thing off of their heads, but forcing them to do it, just made them run right back to it. Finally, I turned to the rest of the class and said, "Okay kids, we need to give Billy and Sam some time alone while they are kissing!"

I have never seen Sam so quick in being obedient. He ripped that garbage can off of his head and said, "Gross! We're not kissing, we're boys!"

I had a really hard time suppressing my giggles as I began class. That was fun.

No comments: