Sunday, December 7, 2008

Target

Yesterday, Stephen and I went to Target to get a few miscellaneous items, and somehow got lost. I know this sounds a little weird, but I turned to look at some movies and Stephen went to go get a cart. We didn't see each other again for another thirty minutes. Yeah, we were lost.

As I wandered around Target three times, I came across a little family. I passed a Dad pushing his cart following his little girl of about two to three years old. She was cute! The little girl was giggling profusely.

As I passed them and was well in front of them I heard the Dad say, "Olivia...lets see how fast you can run!"

Immediately I heard little feet begin to race across the floor, all the while she was still giggling. I was kind of giggling under my breath at her infectious laughter when I felt a little person run into the back of the legs. I turned around and saw the little Olivia. Her eyes were wide open in complete astonishment. You could tell there was a little bit of fear in her eyes. She had no idea who I was.

I looked down at her and smiled. "It's okay," I said.

"Sorry," she quietly said, as she ran back to her Dad.

Kids are so funny!

Oh, and don't worry, I found Stephen.

No comments: