Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I know my honey loves me because...

When I was growing up, my family had a tradition on Valentine's Day. My Mom would make us waffles with cherries and whip cream and have little gifts for us on our plates. Sometimes we would get crayons, or a jump rope, or hair things, just random things. It was always fun to get up on Valentine's Day.

Well, I have tried to keep the same kind of traditions. We still get up and make waffles, but this year there was a catch. Valentine's Day was on a Sunday. We have church at 8:20am. We got up at 6:00am to make pink waffles with butter syrup. I love my hub!

The alarm started going off at 5:30. (Stephen wanted a half an hour to wake up) At 6, I rolled out of bed. Stephen turned on the light asked me to sit on the bed with him for a minute. He pulled out a package from under his side of the bed. As I unwrapped my gift Stephen said, "These are things we can do together!" Now most people will not understand how perfect these gifts are unless you know me really well. Stephen got me two books: Percy Jackson, The Lightning Thief and the second book to Fablehaven. On top of the two books were a box full of Sponge Bob Squarepants chocolates. I love my honey!

After Stephen gave me my gift, I ran to get his out of one of my hiding spots. I got him new basketball shorts and a package of Oreos. No one can say love like Oreo. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: