Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Living the Life of the Ritz

Life after Christmas is boring. I mean, seriously! You get all worked up and excited for one day and then it is gone! To make up for the lack of excitement between Christmas and spring, Stephen and I, with Morgan and Jess have decided that in the beginning of February we are going to go somewhere fun. Last year was the haunter motel, this year was another motel...except better.

Last Friday we packed up and headed for Tamarack. For those of you who do not know, Tamarack is a ski resort that went bankrupt. When we saw the listing on the Internet, we weren't even sure it it was open. After a phone call, we had a reservation for a great motel room for dirt cheap. We were SO excited! These are the pictures online of the room. Let me tell you...the room was even better than the pictures.

We got to Donnelly at about 7pm that night. As soon as I saw our room, I decided that we were never going back to the "regular" motel room. I felt so "posh"! The weird thing about the hotel was that WE WERE THE ONLY ONES THERE!!! When I say that, I really mean it. There were NO workers and there were NO other hotel residents! It was so weird, and some might say a little creepy, but I thought it was awesome. We wandered around anywhere that unlocked doors allowed. It was so odd that this extremely nice hotel was empty! All of the surroundings of the hotel were also vacant.

Here we are bumming around our room.



Stephen and Morgan went exploring on there own, while Jess and I chatted in our exclusive surroundings. (Obviously, because no one else was there!)

On day two we drove in to McCall to check out the snow sculptures and go tubing. I love this first snow sculpture. I don't know why, but I think that it looks cool!

Just in case you couldn't tell, this is a bathroom. Morgan is making his debut.

This is our one man band that we found. He really wasn't that great, but he just looked so ridiculous that we couldn't resist taking a picture. He has little bird wings on his back...

Here is our adventure in tubing. It was obscenely expensive, but a lot of fun. Aren't Stephen and I SO cute! He is hot!

Morgan and Jess!

The following is our waiting line, however, there was a good reason for this wait. See next two pictures...


A TUBE LIFT!!! Wow, that made the seriously expensive price tag worth it. I LOVE tube lifts. As I was standing in the line to go up the tube lift, I had a little freak out. I'm not a very brave person. The last time I did something remotely dangerous was definitely before Stephen and I got married. I made it on the tube and had fun. I'm such a chicken.
The tube in the second track is Stephen, Morgan, and Jess. Watching that one, I was really glad that I didn't go. That one looked like it hurt.
Here is a close up.

These are some really cool pictures that Stephen took looking off of the balcony of our hotel room. Aren't they awesome?!
THIS ONE IS MY FAVORITE! Stephen took this awesome picture. I love it! Yeah!

All in all we had a really fun weekend! It was my first time in McCall and it was a blast. Party!

No comments: