Sunday, February 21, 2010

Look At Our Beautiful Shelves!

My Dad...uummmm...is a work-a-holic. He really should go to one of those "anonymous" classes. This is how it would go:

Dad standing in front of group, "Hi, my name is Richard."

Group, "Hi Richard."

Dad, "And I'm a work-a-holic."

I'm serious! The only way that I can ever get my Dad to come and visit me is if I have a project for him. The last time he came to see me, my living room light was broken and he came to fix it. That was AT LEAST four months ago. His most recent appearance in Boise was when I needed his brain and his table saw...

Stephen and I decided that we really needed to build some shelves in our garage for storage. We had talked to some people about how to build them and began to formulate a plan. This is where the work-a-holic comes in. Stephen and Dad's magic began on Friday afternoon at Home Depot....and shortly after commenced in our garage.

This is the beginning of our amazing storage system. Just in case you can't really tell, there are small boards screwed to the wall to begin our support system for our shelves.

I really didn't get any in between shots because I wasn't really home. Mom, Krystal, Karli, and I were out shopping. Honestly, the guys didn't even miss us.
Here is our finished product. I am SO proud of Stephen! Didn't he do SUCH a great job? Everytime I go out to the garage now, I admire our pretty little shelves.
Thanks for coming to help us Dad!!! You are awesome! We couldn't have done it without you!

2 comments:

shallie said...

Those are some pretty sweet shelves. You and Steven look great! My brother and his wife live in Boise so next time I am there I will have to try the Hawaiian place.

Jamie Harmon said...

You should send the guys by my house. I could use some nice shelves to put all the crap we just moved on.
No, I shouldn't get it too organized-- then I'll keep it. We need to have a yardsale instead!