Thursday, October 27, 2011

Babysitting



I babysat a couple of kids tonight.

It was hilarious.

Natalie, 6, was Maycee's personal hairdresser and favorite person of the night.  She totally went to Natalie over her dad.  Stephen was a little bothered by this.

Troy, 4, was a total boy.  He found two of Maycee's stuffed bears that were her size and they were "wrestling".  That's what boys do.  Wrestle.

As the evening wore on, I continuously wrote things down that I wanted to remember.

Possibly because when my kids are saying these things I can remember that I once laughed at it.

Natalie really wanted to help me make dinner.  We were making bread sticks, so I asked her to stir my dry ingredients.  After she went at it for a minute or so there was a ton of the mixture on the counter top.  When I asked Natalie what had happened, this was her response, "It just jumped out!"

When Troy saw that Natalie was helping with dinner he also wanted to help.  He came over to "read" the directions to me.  "We need 8 cups of salt," he said.

After the bread sticks were rising, Troy went outside to play in the dirt for the fifth time.  To my dismay he came back in with a handful of yummy.  "There are worms in the dirt!" he exclaimed.  After my refusal to have them on my table he laid them carefully on the patio.

Later that night Troy went outside again and when I asked him what he was doing he said, "I had to go feed the worms."  I looked out the window and saw little piles of dirt in the place of the worms.  On top of one pile was a cherry tomato.  Apparently one worm was more special than the others.

That night we had spaghetti, green beans, and bread sticks.  This was the first meal that Maycee ate on her own.  We dumped it on her tray and she went to town.




Yeah for having other children to entertain Maycee!

1 comment:

Jamie Harmon said...

I love Maycee's smile! What a cutie!