Sunday, January 8, 2012

2 Things

Thing 1:

Today I was told a story that I just have to repeat.  The story might not even be told correctly, but I like it the way I tell it.  So I shall.

According to Stephen, who heard it from Shane, Krystal was walking around church today carrying Maycee.  Someone commented to her, "You must be the favorite aunt."

Krystal replied, "Yep, I am!"

To which Shane laughed and interjected, "No you're not!  Karli is..."

I can't wait for the repercussion of this story...

Thing 2:

Today also marks the day of only having three more Sundays until Maycee goes to nursery.  Oh sweet nursery!

To be honest, I love Maycee at this age!  She is so much fun to interact with and talk to, but with all of her energy, three hours is a very long time to get a 17 month old to hold still.  Poor Maycee.

Everyone asks if Maycee will have a hard time going to nursery.  To that question I give an example.

When Stephen came into the Relief Society room today after church, he put Maycee down and said, "Go to Mama!" and set her loose.  Maycee ran in my direction and I picked her up, only to have her scramble to get away from me to be held by the person next to me...Sister Linda Miller.

Linda talked to her and carried her around for the next few minutes as she put things away.  I walked to the other side of the room and Maycee started to whine.  Linda, thinking that Maycee was nervous at being so far away from me said, "You're mama is on the other side of the room.  She didn't leave you!"

To which I replied, "Nope, she doesn't want me.  Jodi just walked into the room.  She wants to go to Jodi."

Linda put her down and she ran to Jodi.

According to Stephen, all during Elders Quorum Maycee runs from person to person depending upon who has the coolest electronic to offer her as a play toy.

To those people who question Maycee's ability to go to nursery I say, "No prob, Bob!"

1 comment:

Erin said...

Did you know that the church handbook says you can drop your kid off at nursery an entire month before they turn 18-months to "get them used to it"?! I put Carolyn in there on January 1st - three whole weeks before she turns 18-months. It has been such a relief! For both of us!