Thursday, January 12, 2012

Shower Stories

Maycee is hilarious.

Ever since she has found a new habit of putting things in the shower while I am showering, I have started to shower while she is taking a nap.

Today, however, she was already awake before I had finally decided to drag myself off the couch to get underneath the shower.  I got in the shower and put away the appropriate things that Maycee plays with that is a "no no": the toilet paper and the toilet scrubber.  I got in the shower and I was ready.

Maycee was quiet for a while and then I heard something scrapping on the wall.  I thought she was rubbing her hand on the side of the wall next to the toilet, but then as I turned around I saw Maycee dump my black flip flop in the bath tub.

Crap.

I looked out of the shower curtain and noticed that Maycee had found a bucket and had filled it up with my shoes.  I could see that she was planning on dumping each of them in the appropriate spot.  The bathtub.  Yes, the shower was still on.

I grabbed the shoes that she had in the bucket and tossed them onto the counter where she couldn't reach and continued my shower.

Another minute later something else dropped in the tub and I turned to see my two extra tubes of toothpaste getting rained upon as I washed out my hair.  I picked up the toothpaste and threw it on the counter as well.  At this point I was racing to finish my shower as quickly as possible.  I was a little more leery of what other things I hadn't really thought of that were within her reach.

Thirty seconds later I heard Maycee creeping next to the shower curtain and so I looked outside to see what was next...Maycee had Stephen's white and brown leather shoes that were about to disappear into the shower.  In my sternest voice possible I looked at Maycee and said, "Maycee!  You go and put Daddy's shoes back in his closet...right now.

Maycee looked at me.  Then at the tub.  Then at the shoe.  She obediently carried the shoe back to Stephen's closet.

I was quite shocked that she listened to me!

Now I have to figure out how I did that.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Being stern when your naked means you're serious. :)