Thursday, January 3, 2013

Paradox

How is it that at one moment I can think my child is the cutest thing ever and the next moment want to wring her neck?  Sometimes I feel like I am going through menopause just because I can get "hot" really fast around that girl...

This afternoon Maycee yelled from the bathroom, "MOM, COME!"

She is totally the oldest child.  Bossy.  I can say that because I am one.

Maycee walked into Cooper's bedroom where I was eating my lunch while watching Cooper play with cars.  She continued, "Mom, I have a special surprise I want to show you!"  Noticing her blanket on the ground she changed gears.  "Mom, are you freezin'?  Are your feet freezin'?"

She apparently knows that I am always cold.

Maycee put her blanket over my feet.  She the looked over at Cooper and said, "Cooper, are you freezin'?"

Yes, she now FINALLY calls him Cooper.

Maycee proceeded to put her blanket over Cooper's legs and feet.  Not feeling that was adequate enough, Maycee pulled the blanket up over his head.

Then she pushed him over onto a pile of cars.

And put all of her weight possible on him to squeeze the air that was left in his lungs, out.

When I told her to get off of Cooper and take her blanket off of his head, she looked at with with the most innocent of eyes.  Then came "the look".  Her mischievous look. The look that I read as, "I totally got away with that AND you were looking."

Poor Cooper.

In the bathroom Maycee's special surprise was a little sticker page she made for me.

Paradox.

1 comment:

Jamie Harmon said...

I feel the exact same way with my kiddos! Even as I think, "My heart is so full of love for this sweet little girl!" at the same time I know that within 10 minutes my blood pressure will be through the roof! lol