Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday

Sundays are sure getting exciting around here.  With church at 1:30 we have quite a bit of time to burn, but it always seems that things come up at 12:30.  With Stephen's new calling, he is gone a lot more.  Particularly on Sundays.  He had a meeting at 9am and another meeting at 12:30pm. 

During Stephen's 9am meeting, Cooper and I wrestled on the bathroom floor as I struggled to cut his hair.  It was SO long.

As Stephen was walking out the door to his meeting at 12:30 he announced that he forgot he was teaching the Young Men and needed me to copy off a talk for him.  He kissed me and ran out the door.

I found the talk and printed it off.  Check.

I finished getting Maycee ready.  Check.

I finished getting Cooper ready.  Check.

Everyone in the car.

At the church house I pulled Cooper out of his car seat and carried him around to Maycee's side where I pulled her out of her car seat.  Since we have church at 1:30, the wards who start earlier have the close parking spaces, so we parked in the boonies.

I held Cooper and then grabbed Maycee's hand to walk across the huge puddles of water in the parking lot to get to the church house.  As we got to the sidewalk around the church, Maycee started to drag her feet and whine.  I looked down and noticed that Maycee had kicked off her shoes at the car.  No doubt to walk in the puddles barefoot.

I sat Cooper on the sidewalk next to Maycee and ran back to get Maycee's shoes.

Shoes on.  Check.

We walked up to the doors as Maycee ran ahead of me to catch the door that was just closing.  It closed right on her fingers.  She screamed bloody murder.  I put Cooper down in the entry way and tried to console her.  No amount of consoling would stop her tirade.  A gentlemen in our ward came up to me and offered to hold Cooper.  Maycee was still screaming.

Holding a screaming Maycee, I ran around the church house to try and find Stephen or Krystal.  Stephen was on the stand to pass the sacrament, so Krystal, who was sitting on our bench, won the lottery,  "Krystal!"  I whispered, loudly.  "Will you go get Cooper?"

Maycee wailed for another 10 minutes.  She was traumatized.  And church had just started.  Unbeknownst to her, she would not be attending nursery due to her nasty, hacking cough.

During the third hour of church Stephen was teaching the Young Men, so Krystal had Maycee in Relief Society and I had Cooper while playing the piano in primary.

Cooper wanted to play the piano so bad.  He was able to reach the keys a few times.  I felt like I was wrestling a monkey.  Much like that morning when I was cutting his hair.

Church finally ended.

I really do enjoy going to church, but it seems to get crazier and crazier the older the kids get.  Church is only going to get more exciting.

No comments: