Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Goose Egg

About two minutes before Stephen got home, Maycee was watching for him out the window. I was in the other room dusting when I heard Maycee scream bloody murder. It was the kind of cry that meant she was hurt...bad.

I ran into the bedroom and saw Maycee on the floor, holding her head. I pulled her hand away and saw a little scrap on her eyebrow. As I examined her wound I saw it go from a pale white to a deep bluish-purple. The wound then raised about a quarter of an inch. It looked like she had a golf ball poking out of her eyebrow.

I kinda freaked out.

Luckily Stephen had just pulled up and calmed me down.

Maycee was screaming and I couldn't calm her. She wanted Daddy.

Stephen put an ice pack on her eye and soothed her. He's such a good Dad.

We took some pictures after an hour, but the swelling had gone down quite a bit.

Poor girl.







No comments: