Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Like Maycee, Like Karli

Maycee is a little bit obsessed with Karli.  With any mention of Grandma or Grandpa, doesn't matter which, Maycee says, "Can I see Karli?"  She is not going to be very happy when Karli goes to college.

Because of this obsession, Karli has taken in upon herself to make Maycee just like her.  Honestly, that wouldn't be so bad.  Karli's a good kid.  (Don't tell her I said that...)  However, Maycee is trying to be a mini-Karli.

A while back, out of the blue, not even cold weather, Maycee requested hot chocolate.  If any of you have been around Karli for more than a day you will know that is her number 2 staple.  The first staple is Taylor Swift.  (Or boys...don't tell her I said that either.)

In the car yesterday we heard the song "22" by Taylor Swift.  I have never even heard that song before.  In the middle of the song Maycee says, "Mom, this is Karli's favorite.  This is my favorite, too."  Maycee also frequently requests to hear, 'the goat song'.  Long and drawn out story, but that is another song by Taylor Swift, "I Knew You Were Trouble".

I have no idea what Stephen is going to do if Maycee's love of Taylor Swift escalates to the same level as Karli's.  He might ban our house of all things Taylor Swift...poor Maycee.

No comments: