Friday, July 5, 2013

Fireworks are my Favorite

Yesterday was SO much fun!  I love planned, fun holidays.

The morning was pretty lazy and relaxing.  Stephen was doing a run for his workout, so the kids rode in the double stroller with Stephen pushing them and I rode my bike next to him.  It worked out pretty slick!  I'm SO glad I wasn't running.  There is no way I would have been able to keep pace with Stephen.  Especially when he "let loose".

After 'naps' (I say naps loosely because Cooper only slept for an hour and Maycee sat in her room and played for an hour) we went to the Meridian pool.  Love that place.  It cost us $7 for all four of us to get in.  Awesome!

I really should have pulled out the camera.  It was so fun with the kids!  We met some of our friends, the Augustine's and one of Stephen's co-workers and his family came along.  Shane and my mom also showed up to join in the fun.

The pool had a pretty big shaded kiddie pool that was only a foot deep.  Maycee and the other girls preferred the big pool to the kiddie pool.  Maycee really needs to get into those swimming lessons.  (We start in a week and a half!)  Maycee swam around with her little floaties.  It seemed to be her goal to always swim out of sight of Mom and Dad.  It drove me crazy.  Good thing there were an extra 4 adult eyes on her.

We eventually got back to the kiddie pool and Cooper was in hog heaven.  He found out that he could walk around in the kiddie pool.   He walked between Stephen and Shane for 10 to 15 minutes.   It was SO funny.  He would giggle and then intentionally fall face first in the water.  Either Stephen or Shane would pull him up and he would giggle.  I don't think he even swallowed any water.  He knew what he was doing!

After an hour and forty minutes of the pool the kids were done.  We all packed up and headed for home.

We ate dinner and packed up again to head off to Ann Morrison Park to watch the fireworks.  We waited to watch the fireworks for 2 1/2 hours.  The Augustine's came along with us again.  It was a lot of fun!  The only thing I brought to entertain the kiddos was 4 balls.  It worked like a dream.  Stephen would chuck those balls as far as he could and the girls would chase after them, bring them back and then ask for them to be thrown again.  It was hilarious.  And the girls loved it.

Maycee, Lael, and Daphne.


 

Maycee and Daphne played so well together.  Here they are watching a video on Jordan's smart phone.  That night when everyone was getting comfortable to watch the fireworks, Daphne didn't have her own blanket, so Maycee said, "Daphne, we can share my blanket."

I was SO proud!  Thank you Maycee for sharing your favorite possession!




Lael, with her leftover ketchup on her face.  Apparently she also had some on her neck. :)



Jordan, Lani, and baby Felicity.



It was amazing to watch the kids see the fireworks.  It was so worth the wait and the extra hour it took to get out of our parking spot....

Maycee and Daphne



In the middle of the firework show, Maycee leaned over to me and said, "Mom, fireworks are my favorite!"  I love my little girl!  She is getting SO big!

Thanks, friends, for coming to hang out with us!

No comments: