Monday, July 22, 2013

Two Wedding Weekend

Wow.  I don't know what it is about summer, but it always seems to be crazy, busy.  This past weekend was no exception.  And, like a good photographer, I have no pictures to document it.

Stephen sluffed work on Friday and we went to my cousin's wedding in Logan, UT.  Wowee, it was hot.  To top it off, I forgot my temple recommend.  I think this is the third time.  I really need to keep better track of that thing.  Good thing my bishops always answer their phones.

After the wedding and the luncheon, we stayed the night in Logan at Kory and Charisse's.  Kory and Charisse, however, were not present.  We just borrowed their house while they went camping.  And some yogurt.  And cereal.

Stephen was very excited that he was able to watch their neighbor get arrested.  He sat on the couch, watching through the blinds, the entire time.

At 5 am, I woke up to someone opening the front door.  Luckily, Stephen is a sound sleeper and didn't wake up at all....  The "intruder" snuck back to the bedroom, where we were sleeping, and whispered loudly, "Stephen!! .... Stephen!!!!"  Good thing it was Kory.  He was worried Stephen was going to beat the daylights out of him.

...

No worries there.

Saturday we headed down to Bountiful for Stephen's cousin's wedding.  We met Stephen's family at his parents' hotel and used the swimming pool.  It amazes me at Maycee's lack of fear.

We got to the reception at 7pm and hung out with the cousins.  Maycee was elated that she was able to play with Bethy.  They ran all over the place together.  Thank you, Beth, for being such a good playmate!

In front of the outdoor pavilion, where the reception was held, was a very steep and grassy hill.  Maycee was the first child to run up and down that hill.  Apparently that opened the floodgates for the rest of the kids in attendance.

Late that night we drove back to my parents' house and went to church with them.  At 9am!  We are used to 1:30pm.  It really threw us for a loop.  We stayed for dinner and then headed back to Boise at 6:30pm.

That was our whirlwind weekend.

Whew.

No comments: