Monday, July 15, 2013

Swimming Lessons

Today was Maycee's first swimming lesson.  It was also the very first activity that I have taken her too, other than church, that she had to obey a different adult besides Mom and Dad.



In all honesty, my child was disobedient and had a very hard time focusing or listening to her instructor.  Good thing there were only four kids in the class.

The first thing Maycee said to her instructor, Stacie, was "I'm wearing a diaper.  Cooper's wearing a diaper too."

Maycee has been potty trained for a month, but I was a little nervous about this setting and she begged me to let her wear a swim diaper.  Thus her first statement was correct.  She did, however, tell Stacie that she was 3.  A few minutes later she amended her earlier statement by interrupting Stacie, "I'm 2," she said.

While talking to another mom, I glanced toward the class and noticed Maycee had jumped out of the swimming pool and was heading toward some floating noodles that were to be used for another class....Yep, she's mine.

All in all, I think it was a good first day.

In other news, Cooper loves to whisper.  It cracks me up.  He walks up, leans in close, whispers his psychobabble, and laughs hysterically.  Cooper has also learned to 'jump'.  Jump is in quotations because he really can't get his feet off the ground.  He sure gives a valiant effort, though.

The little one inside of me is having a boxing match with my uterus.  All the time.  I don't know what the deal is, but I feel like #3 is already giving the other two a run for their money.  Oh, help us all....

AND Stephen and I just made 3 batches of strawberry jam.  Yum.

No comments: