Friday, July 26, 2013

Swimming Lessons, Tres

Yesterday was Maycee's last swimming lesson.  Kind of.  I signed her up for another two week session with three of her friends.  I'm really excited about it.

BUT, I wanted to post some pictures from the last weeks worth of swimming lessons.

Here they are crawling around the pool and making monkey noises.


This picture cracks me up.  As I have said before, Maycee has no fear of the water.  This is the first time that Stacie let the kids jump off the the diving board.  Most of the other kids slowly scooted down the diving board until they were on the end.  They were a little reluctant to jump off.  Maycee ran down that board and jumped with all of her might.  No fear.

I also found out through the course of the lessons that Maycee is the youngest of the group.  She is also the wiggliest.


Here they are doing 'bobs'.





This one is cute.  I didn't get the picture centered right as she jumped, but I love her facial expression.



Now for the crazy story.

On Wednesday's lessons, the day we had just barely returned from the farm, Maycee had an incident.  As soon as we finished lessons that day, Maycee told me she had to go to the bathroom.  We ran into the house to use the bathroom and as I pulled down her swimsuit and placed her on the toilet I noticed that she had pooped.  In her swimsuit.  It was everywhere.  And gross.

Maycee hasn't really had an accident since we started potty training the last time, so I was a little flabbergasted.  I was so embarrassed as I told Stacie and her mom about the incident.  They were very kind and helpful.  That made it easier.  They had to shock the pool and keep everyone out for two hours.

Ever since then, Maycee has worn a swim diaper.  I am taking no more chances.

Gross.

No comments: