Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Favorites

My kids have both chosen a "favorite" person.  Neither of them chose Stephen or me.  Maycee's favorite was chosen and noticeable long ago.  Aunt Karli.  She tells people that frequently.

"Karli is my favorite aunt!"

She blurts this out at random times and places.

Cooper's favorite used to be me, Mom.  That began to change when Stephen and I left our kids with my parents for a week while we were cruising.  I had to pry Cooper off of my dad.  I was a little bothered...to say the least.

Cooper's obsession with my dad has grown exponentionally.

Tonight we had a work picnic for Stephen.  In the parking lot there was a white Toyota Tundra.  That just happens to be the same pickup that my dad drives.  When Cooper saw that pickup, he flipped out.  "PAPA!!!  PAPA!!!!!"

I cannot believe he knew and recognized my dad's pickup.

According to my dad, it is all because of the Creamies and motorcycle rides.

I kinda doubt that.

No comments: