Saturday, August 17, 2013

GDO

My mom started a tradition in our family that has arisen due to her lack of children at home.  And, apparently, a love for having her daughters 'dress her up'.  About four or five years ago she told every one of her daughters and daughter-in-law, that we were meeting in Twin Falls at 9am to go 'back-to-school' shopping.  In the beginning only Karli and Kelsey were home and actually going 'back-to-school', but since we all liked new clothes, it became a tradition.

Today was the day.  In the year of 2013 of the month of August, my mother finally got everyone to attend her little bash.  It was the first year that all of us got together to go shopping.  It was fun!  This little get together puts any girls' night out to shame.  I left my house at 8am and returned at 9pm.  Our GNO (girls night out) has definitely turned into a GDO (girls day out).

This was the first time that Stephen had both kids all by himself for the whole day.  It was nice for me!  At 12:30 in the afternoon Stephen sent me a picture text of both kids sobbing at his feet, still in their pajamas.  The text read, "Things are going well."

Thanks, Stephen, for letting me get away and spend all my saved up money on cute clothes and Jamba!

AND thanks Mom for doing what it takes to get some new clothes in your wardrobe. :)  WE LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments: