Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Maycee's 3rd Birthday

I'm having a really hard time expressing my feeling on this subject.  It's weird and not weird at the same time, that Maycee is three.  We have quite a picture overload of her birthday.  Enjoy!

A few days before Maycee's birthday we were at the farm and Maycee got her presents from Grandma and Grandpa Call.


Love this picture.


This is about as far as I will allow with the 'princess' thing.  I hate it.  Maycee sure was excited, however.



Tuesday, the 6th, was Maycee's birthday.  We got up and made her favorite breakfast.  Eggs.  Later that afternoon we met Stephen at the Boise Aquarium.  It was SO cool.  Super expensive, but cool.  Both kids really loved it.






...Ignore the "no flash photography" sign...



These things were so cool!  They would swim right up to the side and rub their ...fins? right up on the side of the wall and you could "pet" them.  I think they were sting rays.





Maycee was very leery of this iguana.  We eventually got her to touch it.  Only the very tip of his tail.  He felt a little creepy.


These eels were gross.





After the aquarium, we took Maycee home and ate her favorite dinner, spaghetti.  Following spaghetti, we opened presents.  It was really fun to surprise her.  She is definitely starting to understand birthdays.




I was super excited about this tent and the balls.  We got it super cheap on craigslist.  Love it.





We also got Maycee some more 'Fancy Nancy' books.  I love those things.  She even loves them too!  I would call that a win win.

We have to insert cute pictures of Cooper.





It took me forever to find a cake that I thought Maycee would like.  She's not a fan of plain chocolate or vanilla, so I found a recipe for two of her favorite things.  Lemons and Blueberries.  Stephen and I made the cake on Monday night and I put it together on Tuesday morning.  The flavor of the cake was amazing, but it was a little too dense for me.

Maycee has been so excited to have her own birthday cake and to have candles to blow out.  She LOVED her cake.  It think she loved how big it was...three layers.  She also really loved the frosting, lemon butter cream.






As hard as she tried, Maycee was not able to blow out her own candles.  Her daddy had to help her out a bit...she didn't notice his 'help'.


I had to take some pictures of my awesome cake.  I'm am no baker and so this was quite a feat.



Cooper gobbled it down.  This kid cracks me up.




All in all, I think Maycee and Cooper liked the cake.  Score.


Happy Birthday Maycee!  We're so glad that you are our little girl.  You are growing up so fast!  I'm just glad that I have documented proof of your growing up.  WE LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: