Thursday, August 15, 2013

What do you do to entertain two little ones on a HOT summer day?

Honestly, Maycee and Cooper entertain themselves quite well.  Sometimes it is fun just to sit on the sidelines and watch.

I have three fake pine trees near the entrance of my house.  Maycee and Cooper pulled out the smallest of the three and put one of their plastic cups on top of it.  For the rest of the day it was their 'Christmas Tree'.

Maycee is now getting to a point where she remembers things.  It's quite fun!


Anyone recognize this dress?  I slaved over two of them....

I loaned this dress to a young women in our ward, and when she brought it back, Maycee thought it was the most beautiful dress ever.  After a few adjustments, it has now become her wedding dress.  Complete with a Barbie-dress-up-hand-me-down veil to finish the ensemble.

By the way, just in case a few of you forgot, this was the bridesmaid dress I wore to Krystal's wedding.

And P.S. Cooper also wanted to be in the dress up picture.  He brought one of Maycee's princess crowns.  He has become quite adept at placing it on his head and running around the room.  (Stephen will be super embarrassed that I wrote that part....but it's true.)




Bubbles in the bathtub.  It never fails to be one of the best entertainments.  Notice Cooper's bulging diaper?  I ran out of swim diapers...it's the end of the season!  That diaper actually exploded all over the place.  I didn't even notice until the diaper had been changed and there were tons of white, wispy, balls trailing from the bathroom to the bedroom.  At first, I thought they were bubble entrails.




As much as these kiddos make me want to pull my hair out, I really love them.  They still make me smile.  Even though, sometimes, they drive me insane.

No comments: