Thursday, March 20, 2014

USA - Preschool

I love teaching preschool.  I really do!  I'm not just saying that.

I'm really sad that I didn't get pictures of my awesome Tuesday class.  I couldn't find my camera. :(

My teaching agenda for the week: Letter Y, Number 25, Theme USA, Count to 35.

On Tuesday we focused on Y and 25.  For our letter Y we finger painted a paper plate yellow for suns!  Stephen drew some awesome faces on all of them.  He is so creative.  I'm so glad that he allows me to use his creative ability at any time.  Thanks Hun!

For the number 25, I created my own genius.  I was pretty proud of myself.  I printed off a 2 and a 5, then cut them in half and had the kids put them together as a puzzle.

For counting practice I filled a bowl full of 35 of my cool buttons and had them count them out.  They did pretty well!

Thursday we focused on the USA.  It took me forever to find what would be a good lesson plan.  America is such a huge topic and I didn't know how and where the start for 3 and 4 year olds.  I finally found the perfect idea.  I dressed up as Betsy Ross and we read a book about how she made the first American flag.  We also learned about the difference between the first flag and today's flag.  Then we made our own flags!

I love preschool!








No comments: