Sunday, April 20, 2014

On a scale of 1 to 10

I love new recipes.  Throughout our marriage, I have scoured cook books and the internet for new foods that we can try.  At this current stage in our life, I make at least one new meal a week.  I get bored easily.

Every time that I make a new recipe and we have given it a try, I say, "On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being amazing and 1 being disgusting, where does this meal fall?"

Frequently I get "6.5".  What!?  But then Stephen says that he likes it!  What am I supposed to do with that?

Today I told Stephen that I was going to make deviled eggs.  "Do you like my deviled eggs?"  I asked.

"Yeah, I like them." He said.

"On a scale of 1 to 10 where would you rate them?"

"8."

"What?!" I yelled.

"I have told you before," Stephen said, "I am really bad at that thing.  You need to come up with a new scale.  Like, 1 is crap,  2 is indifferent, and 3 is 'I like it'."

No comments: