Monday, April 21, 2014

Proud Mama

Maycee gave her first talk in Primary on Sunday.  I got an e-mail forwarded from Stephen on Tuesday saying that I hadn't been getting the primary newsletter and Maycee was supposed to give a talk on Sunday.

I thought, 'I need to start her on that now so that she won't be nervous on Sunday.'

And then it fled my brain until Saturday morning.  I'm such an awesome mom.

Maycee's talk was on obeying your parents.

This was Stephen's clever idea.

Maycee held up a picture of our family and said, "This is my family!  This is my daddy, this is my mommy, this is Cooper, this is me, and this is Oliver.  When I obey my parents, I feel happy.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

We had her practice about 6 times on Saturday.  Then we had her practice 3 times before Primary.  We had her pretend pulpit that she would stand on and then give her talk.

When it came time for Primary, I walked Maycee to her class and sat in the very back so that I could see her.  I kept waving to her as she sat in front on the chair labeled 'talk.'  She would smile every time I waved and then would wave back.  So cute.

I had given the family picture to Krystal, who is the primary chorister, so I wouldn't have to get up with her.

Maycee was announced and she walked right up to the pulpit, given her picture, stood right next to the Primary 1st Counselor, and said her talk in a loud and clear voice.  SHE DID SOOOO GOOD!!  I'm pretty sure that I was beaming from the back of the room.

That was one of the best feelings ever.

No comments: