Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's a Tree...

Stephen and I sometimes get a little distracted in Sacrament Meeting. We are very easily entertained by the kids around us. They are just so funny!

The little girl sitting next to us started to get out a notebook and crayons during the talks. She started with a clean sheet of paper and drew a big triangle at the top of her page.

I leaned over to Stephen and said, "She's going to draw a house."

She then drew two lines underneath the triangle, so as to hold the triangle up. I felt pretty smug because I knew I was right. All little girls draw houses.

Stephen leaned over and said, "No, she's drawing a mushroom."

The little girl drew two circles inside of the tippy top of her triangle. She then added a U shape underneath her circles. It looked like a smiley face.

Whispering to Stephen I said, "Maybe she's drawing a tree?"

She then drew two little antennas on both sides of the top of her triangle.

Stephen replied, "Ask her what it is."

I finally resorted to the easy way. I asked her what her drawing was.

The little girl looked at me and her look said, 'What? Can't you see what it is?' and she replied, "It's a talking cat."

Wow.

No comments: