Thursday, January 29, 2009

When hubby opens his mouth Dad comes out...

Stephen and I just purchased an outdoor freezer! I feel like a nerd now that I get excited about purchasing things like this. I have been giddy ever since I ordered it. I just wanted to see it in our garage! Is that too much to ask? Sadly, I always used to make fun of my mother for getting excited about things like that. Yeah, I know, what goes around, comes around.

This new little package that we picked up on Monday was bundled up to the hilt. It was in a cardboard box surrounded by styrofoam (I just learned how to spell that word). The last protection for our freezer was a pair of wooden slats screwed to the bottom of the freezer. I have NO idea why they were there, but I'm sure there was a good reason.

Stephen had to help me so I waited until he was free on Wednesday. I had to tilt the freezer on one side so that Stephen could get underneath it and unscrew the boards. After unscrewing one board, I remembered that I had to preheat the oven. I ran in the house to do my duty and then ran back out...

As I came out the door, Stephen said, "KAMI, WE HAVE TO TAKE THIS FREEZER BACK!"

Worriedly I replied, "WHY?!"

Stephen's answer, "DON'T YOU SEE, THE FREEZER IS CROOKED!"

Annoyed, I ignored him as I looked at the freezer that leaned to one side because there was still one wooden slat screwed to the bottom. Where have I heard a comment like that before?

No comments: