Friday, April 13, 2012

What we know about Cooper.

I have read a lot of books about....well anything baby.  I was so paranoid.  I didn't know anything about babies.  Reading books was the closest thing I could get to learning.

In my studies I learned quite a bit.

I learned that normally babies eat about 15-20 minutes on each breast, while breastfeeding.  Maycee was fairly regular in this regard.

Cooper can do in 4-6 minutes what normal babies can do in 15-20.

In the beginning I was really nervous that Cooper wasn't getting enough to eat.  BUT he was gaining weight a lot quicker than Maycee did.  We figure that he is just a fast eater...

Maybe he'll be fast at everything.

Maybe he'll be a track star.

Eat, Cooper!  Eat!

Another fun little fact that we have learned about Cooper will probably be something he will not be super thrilled about when he reads this in 15 years...but it is so stinkin' funny that I have to write it.

In one of my papers I received at Cooper's first doctor's appointment, it talked about baby bowel movements.  I learned that babies have bowel movements as little as once a week or as much as 10+ times per day.  Cooper is a 10+er.  Between Stephen and I we have only changed one diaper that has not had poo.

Cooper is destined for great things.

I can tell.

Cooper is also scared of Maycee.

He knows when she is coming and you can see his blood pressure rise the closer she gets.  He gets more and more fidgety as she comes near.  As she leaves he starts to relax.

Maycee kind of tends to maul her little brother.

She loves him...to death.

No comments: