Saturday, February 2, 2013

Canyon County Kid's Expo

Today was the Canyon County Kid's Expo.  I've been looking forward to this for a couple of weeks. 

Dora was going to be there.

Maycee would be elated.

We got out of our house this morning in good time!  We headed over to Caldwell to check out the much advertised expo.  They had a petting zoo, bounce houses, clowns, face painters, the works.  I am SO glad we got there early.  After an hour we headed out because of the chaos and claustrophobia.  Too many people.

Maycee did get to pet a snake.  I made Stephen take her over.  I'm a chicken.


Maycee really liked the bouncy houses, but after a while, they got a little over crowded as well.


Not that this picture would tell you, but she was laughing hysterically while jumping.



After about 40 minutes of wandering we still had not seen Dora.  I was getting a little frustrated.  As soon as I opened my mouth to complain about the lack of Dora, she came out of a door right behind me.

Maycee was a "super" fan.  We followed her to where she would do pictures and the entire time Maycee was yelling at her, "HI DORA!!!  HI DORA THE EXPLORER!!!!!"  I couldn't help but smile at her awe.

Here we are waiting in line to get our picture taken with Dora.


Maycee was so jealous when other kids were with Dora.



Finally we were at the front of the pack.

Maycee all of the sudden became shy.  She wouldn't even give Dora a high five!


I love this picture because Maycee wouldn't take her eyes off of Dora.

 
All in all, it was a lot of fun, but wasn't planned out very well.  I'm glad Maycee got to have a little bit of excitement though.

No comments: