Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day started at 6:15am when I flipped on the light in the kitchen and Maycee started to holler.  I took her into the bedroom with Stephen and started on the traditional pink waffles.

When breakfast was ready we all came into the kitchen.  I explained to Maycee that on Valentine's Day we celebrate love for people.

"Like Christmas?!" Maycee asked.

...I have no idea where she got that one.

"Yes, like Christmas," I said, "we got you a present!"



As soon as Maycee saw the doll she repeated over and over, "IT'S A DOLLIE!!  Good job guys, it's a dollie."

She cracks me up.

I specifically chose this "hair" doll so my poor scalp can relax and her 'dollie' can now take the brunt of the brushing.

Cooper got a toothbrush.  ...Lucky kid.

Just after Stephen left for work he called me to say that he couldn't find his wallet and thought he had left it in the Acadia.  I went out to look for it and found a box of chocolates with a note.  The note wished me a Happy Valentine's Day and started me off on a scavenger hunt.

This was his P.S.:

"P.S. Just so you know, I had this idea BEFORE you started your amazing 14 Days of Valentines."

Stephen sent me all over the house.  I was really surprised that I never noticed some of the other clues until that morning.  Some of them took me a little bit to figure out, but I finally found all 10 clues.

Here were my clues:

H U A E ! T O O Y R

I was supposed to unscramble the letters to create a phrase.  In my note, Stephen made me think that it would be pretty easy to figure out.  It took me forever.  I had HOA TOUR, OUR, YOUR.  Couldn't figure it out.

Finally, I really thought this, I realized that I just needed to think like Stephen.

I figured it out instantly.

YOU ARE HOT!

I texted him the message and he sent me his final clue.  It sent me to my final destination where he had 93 little letters cut out in numerical order that I was supposed to glue together to see his note.

IT WAS THE CUTEST LITTLE LOVE NOTE!!!

I love my man.  He makes me happy.  And he works hard at it.

That night we had a babysitter and went out to dinner for our reservation at SAKANA's.  It was awesome.  I started out a little annoyed because they were way behind on there reservations.  Our 6:30 reservation turned into an 8:00 reservation.  It was so worth it.  We sat at a cooking table!  With 5 couples surrounding the grill, this chef turned cooking our meal into a show.  It was amazing.  AND he was hilarious.  Amazing food.

Thank you, Stephen, for making my Valentine's Day special.  I love you!

No comments: