Monday, February 11, 2013

Dress up

I am, by no means, a girl.  When I say that, I mean the 'girly-girl'.  Growing up, I was never into princesses or big, puffy dresses.  I did have Barbie dolls, but when my brother broke off Ken's leg we played that he had come home from Vietnam with no leg.  Serious.  My little nine-year-old brain thought that up all on my own.

Anyway, Maycee has decided that she loves princesses.  I have no idea why.  I definitely don't give her any girly ideas.

I have her blessing dress hanging up in her closet.  Every morning she asks to wear "that pretty princess dress".  She almost always has a dress on.  With pants.  Because there is no way she is going around in bare legs.  It's cold!

On Saturday night a friend of ours dropped off her daughter's old dress up clothes.

Maycee found them Sunday morning and had a field day.

There are no less than 6 pairs of princess shoes and a Snow White "golden crown".  At least that is what she calls it.

While I was getting ready for church on Sunday, Maycee was busy dressing up her dad in the numerous shoes.  She would put a pair on him and say, "Keep you shoes on, dude!"

Stephen would throw them off and Maycee would put them on again and repeat, "Keep your shoes on, dude!"





Cuties.

No comments: