Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas is underway

This year we wanted Maycee and Cooper to get each other presents.  Maycee is the only one that will understand, so she was involved with picking out Cooper's present.

Me: What do you think Cooper would want for Christmas?

Maycee: He wants a pony.  Yeah, I think Cooper wants a pony...no I want a pony for Christmas.  I should get a pony for Christmas.

Me: I know that you want a pony for Christmas, but what would Cooper want?

(pause for thought)

Maycee: We should get Cooper a car.

Me: Maycee that is awesome!  I think Cooper would love a car.  What kid of car should we get him?

Maycee: Lightning McQueen.  We should get him Lightning  McQueen.

So, Maycee and I went shopping for a Lightning McQueen car.  We ended up finding the perfect car.  It was a two pack, one Lightning McQueen for Cooper, and one Sally so Maycee can play with him.  So excited!  Maycee did so well!

Anyway, last night Maycee helped me to wrap the present to put under the tree.  By help, I mean that she put the tape where I told her to put it.  She was pretty stoked about that.

That night Stephen also made his famous cookies.  Cooper loves them.




On Cooper's present I drew Cooper's name with dotted lines, so that Maycee could trace them.  She is doing so well!



Very excited for Christmas!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Precious years! In spite of all the challenges and work: Enjoy them.