Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Little Monkey

Cooper climbs on everything.  Seriously everything.

The other day, while doing the bedtime routine, I was laying on the top bunk bed next to Maycee.  We were singing songs.  I turned to the side and saw Cooper standing next to me on the top step of the ladder.

I.

Flipped.

Out.

The next day I caught Cooper jumping on the top bunk.

This monkey is going to crack his head open, break his arm, break his leg, or kill himself.  I don't know how to stop this kid.

On another note, I love Christmas with kids. Last Friday was our Ward Christmas Party.  The program was really sweet.  Maycee didn't pay attention until Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus came onto the stage.  Maycee immediately wanted to go up and see the baby Jesus.  She asked every 30 seconds to go see Mary or the baby Jesus.

As soon as the program was over we went in search of the baby Jesus and Mary.  We found the baby Jesus laying in a crib in the wings of the stage.  It was a baby doll.  I explained that to Maycee as we were walking up to the stage.  I picked up the doll and handed it to Maycee.  She carefully held the baby and then kissed it on the head.  It was so sweet!

Last night we watched The Polar Express.  When we got to the scene with the huge lite up Christmas tree, Maycee asked, "Is that for baby Jesus?"

I paused for a minute and said, "Yes!  It's to celebrate Jesus' birthday!!"

I love that Maycee knows why we have Christmas.

No comments: