Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving

Yeah, I didn't get a single picture of Thanksgiving.

I'm worthless.

Well, we enjoyed ourselves.

This year we were at the farm for Thanksgiving.  I think my mom was a little over stressed because she had been feeding extra people for 2 weeks straight before Thanksgiving, three meals a day.  I think she was a little done cooking, so she had a lot of other people do the cooking for her...namely Butterburs.  To give her a little credit, those pies were really good.

Anyway, we got to Mom and Dad's on Wednesday night.  This was the first time in quite a while that the whole family was together.

And, Mom got her family pictures.

About a month ago I was talking to my mom on the phone.  She was having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that her baby was finally leaving the next.  In the middle of her tears she requested that we take family pictures on Thanksgiving.

Yeah, right.  Like I was going to tell her no while she was crying!  The last family picture took her two years to get.

So, Thanksgiving morning everyone took cold showers and the girls filled the bathrooms with makeup and hairspray.  We looked good.

Before our big feast Dad told us how grateful he was for Mom and how grateful he was for all of his childrens' spouses.  Dad is really good at expressing appreciation.  He asked us all to fast with him the next week in gratitude for our spouses.

Thanks Dad!

I do think I have the greatest husband ever!  Mom always says how she thought I was going to end up marrying a stick in the mud....thanks Mom?  Anyway, her thought process is correct, but Stephen is perfect for me.  I love him!  And he is anything, but a stick in the mud.

I love Thanksgiving!  It is the perfect precursor for Christmas.

And don't worry.  I'll post our fancy schmancy pictures as soon as I get them from Karli.

No comments: