Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandpa Call!...(on March 19th)

Grandma Call is a perfect prayer. I know, that sounds kind of weird, but it is true. I've heard that we can be perfect in some things here on earth, and that is what Grandma is perfect at. For example: When I decided to serve a mission, Grandma was so worried that I would get called to a foreign country and die. She immediately began praying that I would get called to serve in Salt Lake City, UT. My Dad had to tell her to stop. I was at least called to serve in Texas. Only kind of foreign to Idaho.

I called Grandma Call today. It had been a while since we talked, so I called to let her know that I was still alive. While talking to Grandma she said, "Kami, I pray for you everyday. Do you know what I pray for?"

There was an awkward pause where I sat and thought...my brain came up with pregnancy.

"No Grandma, your prayers are not being answered."

She replied, "I just pray that you will still like me!"

I called her, didn't I? So I guess her prayers are being answered.

As our conversation wrapped up she said, "Kami, call me again soon...and next time, I'll let you talk."

No comments: