Saturday, March 7, 2009

Why?....that's all I have to say.

I don't even have kids and I hate grocery shopping. I put it off until the last moment possible. Let me take you through this long, arduous process. First I make a menu of dinners for about two weeks. This process alone takes forever. I can never figure out what I want to make. Stephen is almost never any help. He leaves it up to me because he says that he likes everything. After making my menu I begin to write down ingredients on my list that I don't have, that I need, to make every dinner on the menu. This means that I have to go through my pantry and fridge to see what I have. Aaahhhh.....even writing this is boring. Finally, list in hand, I drive to the grocery store to make my purchases.

The purpose of my post is this...my latest excursion to the grocery store was, I think, my funnest one yet.

As I pulled into the parking lot of the grocery store, I thought, "I hate grocery shopping". I checked to make sure that I had my grocery list and walked into the store. Every time I go to the grocery store, I check to make sure I have my list numerous times. I am quite paranoid that I will forget it. Honestly, if I got to the grocery store without it, I think I would have a mental break down. I would have no idea what to put into my cart!

While pushing my cart I meticulously look at my list and then the items on the racks. I hate having to go back and get things in isles that I have already been too. When I got to the baking isle, I reached my hand in my pocket to double check my list and make sure that I needed flour. The list was not in my pocket. I checked my other pocket. No list. I checked my hoodie pocket. No list. I checked my purse. No list. I was panicking. I couldn't even find my pen that I check things off with! I looked through my grocery cart and still nothing! Backtracking, I found my list sitting right next to my last item I had put in my cart. Fabric softener. I hate grocery shopping.

Trudging through the masses, I came to the tomato isle. For the life of me, I couldn't find the sun dried tomatoes! I was scouring that shelf. As I was intently looking on one shelf, I felt something shove me in the back. I turned around and saw a lady driving one of those wheelchair carts. Yeah, she ran right into the back of me and didn't even say anything. I hate grocery shopping.

Finishing up, I went to the cashier to check out. I placed all of my items on the moving belt and paid my tab. The cashier bagan to count back to me my change and realized that she had shorted me $20. This was the hightlight of my trip. Atleast she realized and admitted her mistake and I am NOT out $20! Wahoo! I still hate grocery shopping.

Here I am, at my house putting away groceries and I realize. I forgot the spinach. It was even on my list. I hate grocery shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

eww....that sounds like a yucky activity. I hate grocery stores thanks to all the time I've spent working in them ;-) ...I also hate grocery shopping if it takes me more than 25 minutes. I'm usually pretty quick at rushing through and not caring about what I can't find hahaha..we can starve for all I care!

Charisse and Kory said...

This is so sad! Only because I love grocery shopping! What an adventure it is every time...