Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Relief Society Birthday Dinner

"Purse"onal Threads of Faith...that was the theme of the night. We had so much fun! We also had so many more sisters there than what we had anticipated. Over 80!!! I was put in charge of the game for the night. As all of the sisters entered I weighed each of their purses. I think all of them thought I was a little odd, but we had fun.

After our "purse"onal taco bowls at dinner, I engaged the sisters in the new purse game show..."ARE YOU PREPARED?!" I gave the sisters a few situations to see if, in their purses, they were prepared for different situations that were thrown at them. Did they have a needle and thread? Band aids? Tide-to-go Pen? Tic Tacs? I bought mini packages of M&M's to hand out as prizes. I originally was going to throw them at the winners, but when our Relief Society President, Linda, found that out, she told me she would hand them out for me. He he. A lot of the sisters had the breath freshener and so I ran out of M&M's. We then came to the final prize...the heaviest purse! The sisters were so fun and were very involved. It was great!

After our game show, we had six sisters get up and speak about different topics, such as "purse"everance, "purse"sistance, "purse"uit of happiness, etc. We had some awesome sisters that had experiences that were really great to listen to. It also helped us to get to know them. Honestly...Relief Society Rocks!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's a cute idea kami. good job. you are much better at rs than i. i pretty much sprinted out of the gym as soon as the prayer was over on my rs night...