Monday, August 1, 2011

Lava Hot Springs 2011

This year it was Stephen and my turn to plan the Call Family Vacation. It took a while to really get things under way, but we finally decided on Lava Hot Springs.

We started by meeting at Mom and Dad's on Wednesday night.

We got up early Thursday morning and started our trek to Lava. It was only supposed to take 1 hour to an hour and a half...Stephen and I didn't plan this one out very well. We flipped around quite a few times. We finally got there.

Honestly, Stephen and I accidentally planned this thing perfect with our weather and massive amounts of other vacationers.

On Thursday we started by going to the pool. Olympic Size. Stephen was in hog heaven with the diving boards and the slides.

Our amazing idea for the vacation was a friendly competition. We started by having a diving contest. Mom and Karli won that one.

Then we had a holding your breath the longest contest. Shane won that one.

We had other ideas, but everything else fell through, except for my favorite game...which will come later.

On Friday we floated the Portneuf River. It took about 5 minutes to float down the river. We had that whole thing down slick. Some people went down in kayaks, some in tubes, some in rafts. We always had someone driving the pickup with the huge trailer to load us all back up and take us to the top of the float. I think we went a total of 8 times down that river.

I just happened to only take pictures of the kayak day.



...the waterfall...the boys thought that it was fun to try and kill themselves over it...at least they wore helmets...



This is my dad. He floated right behind the tree right as I was taking the picture.
Here is Shane and Stephen trying to sink Dad's kayak. It didn't work out so hot.



That night we played "How well do you know your spouse/teenager/parents?" Just for future reference, Karli knew Mom and Dad way better than they knew her. (Here you go Karli, potential blackmail.)

Two of my favorite things were said during this game. First I need to explain how the game was played. I asked everyone questions that they were supposed to write down an answer about themselves and then answer the question out loud about their spouse/teenager/parent.

Here is one exchange:

Kami: What is your favorite color?
...scribbling by the participants...
Kami: Kory what is Charisse's favorite color?
Kory: ...pink...
Charisse: KORY!! You know my favorite color is burgundy!
Kory: What?! I don't even know what color that is!
Kami: Charisse what is Kory's favorite color?
Charisse: Green.
Kory: I wrote down blue.
Charisse: But your favorite color is green!
Kory: I wrote down blue.
...

Second Exchange:

Kami: If stranded on a desert island, what is one thing you could not live without?
(most people answered their spouse...then we got to Krystal)
Kami: Shane, what did Krystal put?
Krystal: Oh my goodness...I...oh...I feel so caustic!
Shane: You put your cell phone didn't you.
...Shane wrote down Krystal.

Stephen was most excited for Saturday. They went on a zip line tour. And I don't have pictures.

Maycee and I along with Charisse and Buster and Dexter stayed behind. For some reason they don't allow animals or babies on zip lines.

Thanks for the fun vaca!

2 comments:

As the farm turns said...

Oh man I had a blast I love getting together with our family thanks so much for everything!

Shane and Krystal Skaar said...

I wasn't thinking about PEOPLE!!! You said what was the ONE THING you would take. I don't classify my husband as a 'thing'...