Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Visiting Teaching

Yesterday I went to check on one of the sisters that I visit teach. The last couple of months I have really thought a lot about her.

When I went to her house, her brother (who is currently living with her and her husband) answered the door. He said that she was sleeping. It was noon, but this sister has an infant who does not sleep very well. I told him not to wake her, but to tell her I stopped by.

Today that sister called me and thanked me for checking on her. She said that yesterday was a particularly hard day. She has been struggling with postpartum depression. She called her husband to come home from work and take care of their little one because she couldn't do it any more that day.

I didn't get to help her yesterday, but I know that Heavenly Father wanted me to check on her. I think that she needed a reminder that she isn't alone.

This was a testimony builder for me. I need to do the things that I 'randomly' think of. A lot of times that is how Heavenly Father communicates to us. Thoughts that come to our mind.

No comments: